School of Dogs offers Private Training, Group Training Classes, Workshops for Parents and
Grandparents-to-be as well as Summer Camps and Training Classes for Kids.
School of Dogs offers private lessons in your home and surrounding environment.
Classes & Workshops
- Good Manners Training, for puppies and adult dogs, teaches the general behaviors that we want our dogs to perform on cue, e.g. sit, down, come, wait, leave it, stay, give, polite greeting, polite leash walking.
- Behavior modification training is also taken out of the home to parks, stores, traffic situations, etc. when modification protocols require this.
Behavior modification is an individually tailored program to help change an undesired or problem behavior, e.g. barking, digging, house soiling, resource guarding and others.
- Puppy Kindergarten – The main focus of this class is socialization. Your puppy will have exposure to a wide variety of surfaces, noises, people and items in a controlled positive manner. We want your puppy to become a well adjusted adult dog and help prevent furture behavior problems. Every week we will cover a different of husbandry, safe nail clipping, teeth brushing, grooming, vet visits, brushing, dry toweling and ear cleaning. General puppy challenges will be discussed, house training, jumping, chewing etc. "Sit" and "Come" will be the basic manners and of course some supervised play time at the end of class.
- C.L.A.S.S. - Canine Life and Social Skills – This program was devoloped by the APDT and covers all basic manners your dog needs—sit, down, come, give, wait, stay etc. Each class covers the contents you need to help your dog earn a BA, MA or PhD in Canine Life and Social Skills. This program is exactly what your dog needs after Puppy Kindergarten.
- Dog Training for Kids – Kids will learn to teach their dogs some tricks, how to read dog body language and play some fun games. This class is a great bonding experience for your child and dog.
- Dog Training Summer Camp for Kids – Kids and their dogs will enjoy a week of tricks, games, agility and more.